Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Pressure

As the times get increasingly challenging it can be difficult to travel the path to our dreams. I've recently hit a few bumps in the road of my own, once again coming face-to-face with the reality that no one is exempt from a bad day. Instead of wallowing in the potholes of my despair, as I often did, I was compelled to contemplate the situation and figure out a way to use it to somehow build my strength and integrity.


In life, pressure inevitably facilitates change. Someone once highlighted the fact that pressure is responsible for the formation of the diamond, one of the world's strongest, most precious gems. It takes strength to endure life's changes, but it's always worth it when we successfully weather the storms of adversity. We must not forget that laughter, like time, can eventually heal--if we allow it--and that it's okay to do so. Too often we surrender to the suffocating grip of sadness and depression, fearing we're unable to overcome it.

Everyone who falls into the depths of melancholy has the ability to come out of it. Sometimes we simply forget and need a little boost--a reminder. When we keep our heads down too long, it's easy to lose sight of our goals and dreams. The best way to deal with our challenges is to accept them for what they are and motivate ourselves to overcome them to the best of our ability. Sure, it's always easier said than done--as I mentioned earlier, I, too, have my challenges--but success is possible. Chasing one's dream isn't easy, but the biggest restriction in our paths are our own limitations.

No comments:

Post a Comment